Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Internet Safety

Reading:

I chose to read an old Ensign article by Gordon B. Hinckley called, "Opposing Evil" found in the November 1975 Ensign. It was fascinating to read that the same warnings we hear today were given 10 years before I was born! Regardless of the time we live in we have the responsibility to stand up for what's right and to let our voices be heard in a positive way. 

The most important things I learned from the readings is that ultimately the decision comes down to us. We will always be surrounded by bad and dangerous influences but the choice to make them a part of our lives is still ours. There are plenty of good influences left that we can engage in. 

As a teacher and future parent I hope to stand as a good example and be able to inspire the children around me to take part in wholesome activities when it comes to technology. I plan on teaching internet safety to my students and children so they are aware of what's out there for both good and evil. 

I will use what I read to first focus on improving myself and hopefully that will also have an effect on my family and friends. I know that I can't control their choices but I hope my choices will be an influence for good. I also plan on sharing some of the readings with them so that they can be informed and then make their own decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment