Tuesday, January 20, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0

Well I don't know if I would say the RSS is "really simple" but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is actually something I can see myself using if I found sites that were valuable to my class. It would be neat to have a daily update on sites pertaining to what we are learning about. For me to actually use it the site would have to be really interesting and relevant.
Now delicious and goodreads are both sites that I will use. I really liked goodreads because it is an easy way to keep track of books that I want to recommend to students and books that teachers may recommend to me. Delicious would be an easy way to keep track of sites that I knew were safe and valuable resources for students and parents to visit. Plus, it will help me keep track of where I find good things on the web.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read your comment:-) I agree it isn't necessarily really simple . . . I suppose it is simple compared to traditional ways of syndication.

    ReplyDelete